Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Homemade Laundry Detergent


You may remember reading about the homemade dish detergent I made a while back.

And while I really do like the dish detergent, I absolutely LOVE the laundry detergent! (And I owe it all to my friend Susan sharing the recipe on Facebook last Fall!)

A similar recipe can be found here.

I made my first batch in December and didn't have to make another one until June.

Laundry detergent that cleans well, smells good and lasts 6 months?  Yes, please.

And we have 3 adults and 2 children using it, so that's A LOT of laundry.

What makes it smell so good is the Purex Crystals (which also come in other scents), but I love the Tropical one I have pictured.

A modification I made this last time was to grate one for bar of the fels-naptha soap for a little extra stain fighting power.

I bought all of these items at Wal-Mart (which seems to be the cheapest), INCLUDING the bucket for about $30!

Instructions:
Grate Fels-Naptha Bar(s) with cheese grater.  Pour all ingredients into large 5 gallon bucket and mix with large spoon or ladle.  You'll have to mix A LOT.  Next, pour some of the mixture back into the Purex bottles.  This makes it easier to pour, and the top can be used to measure.

Easy as that!

And I promise you won't regret making it!

Happy Monday, y'all!

Rox

1 comment:

  1. Made it a couple of weeks ago and I'm OBSESSED with it. Smells amazing.

    ReplyDelete