Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Tribal Skirt Refashion!

Y'all.  I love an easy sewing project.  I think I love the result more than the actual process of sewing.  Which is why a 20 minute refashion is GOLDEN.

I found this little gem at Goodwill while shopping with my sisters and mom (HOLLA!).  We were on our way out when I saw this draped over a shelf on the end of one the aisles.  I saw the fabric and just knew I NEEDED it.  (Dramatic much?)  I didn't try it on.  I hardly knew what it was as I bought it.  But I loved the fabric and thought I could use it for something.


Lo, and behold!  This awesome fabric is a wrap skirt (thanks, sissies for helping me figure it out!), and it just so happens to fit me!  Here's what I did to fix it up..


1.  I tried on the skirt and marked length I liked.
2.  Since it's a wrap skirt, it was easy to unbutton and lay it flat to trim.
3.  The longest part of the process was pinning the skirt to hem it.  But it is oh, so helpful.
4.  Using a medium straight stitch, I hemmed the skirt.
5.  I tacked the bottom of the outside of the wrap so it doesn't flap open..

And...
Scarf:  Handmade (Similar tutorial found here.), Shirt: Marshall's, Tights: Wal-Mart, Boots: Target on clearance 
 That's it.

I love it!  It's so, so easy to turn a not-so-flattering long skirt into a skirt you love just by cutting off a little bit of fabric!

Go to Goodwill.  Search for a cute fabric.  Make something you love out of it!

Love,
Jessie

3 comments:

  1. The REASON no one is commenting on this is because we're in awe. I think you need to make these and sell them in your shop. You are so stinkin' gifted, and there's no way in a million years I could ever do something like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's ridiculous! She seriously needs to be my personal stylist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!! I love the skirt!!!!!!! And I am so impressed!!!!!

    ReplyDelete