Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Stripes: Sweater to Fitted Skirt

Pinterest is my FAVORITE place for fashion inspiration.  I loved an outfit found here.  I couldn't find the original link so the pin will have to do.  I LOVE the stripes, and I just so happened to have a striped  stretchy sweater that would work PERFECTLY.  I bought this sweater at Goodwill last year to wear with a growing belly.  Since I only spent a couple dollars on it and hadn't worn it since last year, I knew I needed to try to revamp it!


Instructions:

1. Cut the sleeves and neckline off.
2. Using the bottom of the sweater as the top of what will be your skirt, turn it inside out and try it on.  If you're lucky, it will fit just fine!  If not, pinch the skirt down the side seam and either pin or mark wear you need to take it in.
3.  Use a long, straight stitch and follow your pins or markings. 
4.  Before cutting off the excess material, try your skirt on to make sure it fits. (I had to take it in in a couple different places.)
4.  Cut off the excess, and you're done!!


Pair it with cozy tights, oversized sweater, and boots... I kid you not, this is one of the most comfortable outfits ever.

Now.

Go find an old sweater or thick knit shirt, and make it into something new!

Love,
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment