Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Simple Christmas Door


After a short hiatus (Shopping Party, Thanksgiving...), we're back!

BY THE WAY, y'all are stinkin' amazing... to all who were able to come and shop our party, THANK YOU!! Also a big THANK YOU if you helped pass the word along. sent encouraging words, or even WANTED to come and couldn't.  We so appreciate your love and support!!

I literally can't believe we are in the month of December.  Where did the fall go??  I have a little miss with a 2nd birthday tomorrow, 20 days left to shop for and make presents, and more Christmas decorating to do! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

But we're all in the same boat, right? So onto the reason for the post...

I am NOT a scrooge, y'all.

BUT, I don't like a ton of Christmas decorations in my house... mostly because I don't want to have to clean it up after just a month of being out.  I'm usually content with our simple, little, fake (yes, fake) Christmas tree, a wreath on the door, and a simple 'mantle'.  And I have this thing about red and green and bright colors... I can't do it... I like the subtle hint of Christmas mixed in with my everyday decor.  AND not to say that I don't like YOUR colorful holiday decorations!  NO!  I love to see them!  I love, love experiencing them!!!  No hurt feelings, right?? Agree to disagree on our decorating differences???

Ok, chill, Jess.

OK, NOW.  My Christmas door:

I found 5 sticks (8-ish inches each),  glued them into a star shape, and wrapped twine around the 'joints' just for the effect.  I used a rustic empty frame hung from a wreath hanger (Dollar Tree) and green burlap ribbon (Wal-Mart) to hide the wreath hanger and hang the star.

That's it.  Simple, rustic charm.

How do YOU decorate for Christmas!! We would love to see YOUR Christmas doors!

Have a lovely day!

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment