Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Boys Bow Tie

Pin It

As you all know, Easter is quickly approaching, and one part of the preparation process (although certainly not the MOST important) is making sure everyone's outfits are picked out.  I usually try and dress my boys (who are 3 and 4) in something a little more formal than the usual polo and jeans/khakis they wear every Sunday.  (And by a little more formal, what I actually mean is slapping a tie on them.  That's automatically more dressy, right?!?)

Last year, J (my youngest) wore the tie I made E (my oldest) the year before, and I made E a new one.  They were made with light blue gingham fabric and light blue dot fabric.  They looked adorable, but I wanted a different look this year.  (Please tell me I'm not the only one who loves dressing their boys!)  Last year, I used Make-it and Love-it's pattern that can be purchased for $6.95 and can be found here.

Plus, a bow tie seemed simple enough, and I was pretty sure I could come up with a pattern on my own.    The Hubs and I are really trying to watch what we spend (Dave Ramsey style.  Yayuh!), so I decided to go "shopping" in my stash of fabric I have at home.  That's when I found part of an old tweed jacket I had purchased at the thrift store.  (The other part was used to make a clutch).  The fabric is thick enough that it doesn't need any reinforcement, which ultimately means saving some time by skipping a step!  Woohoo for quick projects!

PLUS, repurposing is all the rage these days.

Right?

Right.

I'm all about the rages.

Ha.

Double Ha for admitting that I googled whether the phrase is 'all the rage' or 'all the rave'.

I'm still confused.

Moving on.

These took me about 20-25 minutes per tie to make, and I'm excited about the results!


{I'll be posting my complete tutorial soon!}



Here's my imaginative, strong-willed, loving, independent, intelligent oldest.

These pictures kill me.  Love this boy.

(By the way, I'm pretty sure I have a picture-like the far left-with the EXACT same expression on my face from when I was his age.)


And this is my fun-loving, determined, comedic, sociable, caring youngest.

I could eat him up.

I'm pretty sure he is our mystery sister (Aly) made over.


And here's one more for the road.
Pin It


{ If you would like to PURCHASE A HANDMADE TIE for your little one for Easter, spring pictures, etc., please click on the Etsy link (the orange circle with the 'E' in the left hand column).  You'll be taken to our ETSY SHOP where you can pay through PayPal.  PLEASE ORDER NO LATER THAN THIS WEEKEND TO ENSURE EASTER DELIVERY! }



{ Check back FRIDAY for our first ever GIVEAWAY!  We'll give you instructions about how to enter and will have 2 lucky winners picked by MONDAY!  YOU WON'T WANT TO MISS IT! }



5 comments:

  1. The last picture SLAYS me! They are SOOOO cute!!! And cute bowties too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am DYING right now! Cuteness overload!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, seriously....just bought one. I have been deciding between two on Etsy for Wyatt for Easter and SO GLAD i never made my decision because this one is SOOOO much cuter! If you happen to get a wild hair and decide to make suspenders to match, let me know and I will buy some of those too! I know you have SOOOOO MUCH free time on your hands ;) ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks y'all! I love those boys!

    I'm so glad, Lauren! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete