Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

In My Make-up Bag...

Pin It

Who likes buying numerous beauty products only to find out how horrible it is, how off the color may be, or how misleading that very convincing info-mercial was???  Not this gal.

I would so much rather hear from a real person that something really works!  SO. Here you go...

Five of my favorite things:

1.  Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede in "Socialite" - I love having a little color on my lips, but I don't want to mess with the smearing and re-applying... I've found numerous long-lasting lipsticks to be VERY dry and you have to re-apply the gloss over and over to avoid it flaking off onto your face and teeth... gross.  This stuff, however, is awesome!  It's long-lasting color AND moisturizing!  I wouldn't necessarily use it in place of chapstick on a dry day, but it's great for everyday use!  I also recently realized that I can't pull off the "Nude" color on my lips... so this pink-y, nude is my everyday color.

2.  Goody Spin Pin -  Y'all.  These things are AWESOME!  If you like to wear your hair up in a messy bun (or clean one, too, I guess...), then these things are perfect!! They stay in place WAY better than bobby pins (which tend to slide out in my sock buns..), and they are so easy to use!!  I have seen the commercials, but was finally convinced after watching THIS hair tutorial over at Cotton & Curls.

3.  TRESemme FRESH START Dry Shampoo (Volumizing) - Rox introduced me to Dry Shampoo... and I'm obsessed!  Between long hair and little ones in the house, I don't always have time to wash my tresses.  Dry shampoo gets me through a few greasy hair days!

4.  Profusion MIDNIGHT FEVER 10 Eyeshadow Palette - I've been really, really wanting to save up for Urban Decay Naked 2 for awhile... you almost can't match the beauty (and quality) of the palette!  BUT, I keep justifying other purchases first.. long story short:  I found the Profusion eyeshadow at Wal-Green's for $5 and COULD NOT pass it up!! A lot of the colors are very similar to the Naked 2 palette.  I'm pretty sure there aren't as many colors in the Profusion, but with a $5 tag I can overlook that small detail!  I've been following MakeupByTiffanyD's YouTube channel and follow her tutorials using the Naked 2 palette.  I've been very happy with the results!  (And who told me about TiffanyD??? None other than ROX.  Y'all sisters know best.)

5.  Maybelline DREAM FRESH BB Cream - This stuff is 10 times better than plain ol' tinted moisturizer... it definitely evens out my skin tone better than the products I've used before.  My favorite part is that it's a sheer tinter (is that a word??) so as we transition from winter to spring to summer I won't necessarily need 3 different shades!  As I start to get ready for the day (I mean, IF I start to get ready for the day...), I put the BB Cream on first to let it soak in.  Once I've fixed my hair or ironed clothes (or fed the kids breakfast or changed a poopy diaper...), the cream has "dried" or soaked, and I can set it with powder.  I'm pretty sure this will be a make-up bag staple for awhile!  (Oh, yeah... I can't take credit for this one either... I'm pretty sure you know by now who clued me in to this awesome stuff...)

So there you have it, folks.  Do you feel enlightened??

Ok, too much.

3 of 5 of my favorites came from Rox so.. I guess this should probably be titled "I Stole Rox's Make-up Bag..."  Thanks, sis! :)

Do you have products you JUST CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT?  Tell us about 'em!!

**I am in no way being compensated by these companies for these products.  I'm pretty sure I should be paid for my EXTREMELY positive opinions and promotions of these products... I'm just known to over-emphasize my enthusiasm for the things I like... so tell me I'm crazy if you've tried them out and think they just plain stink.**

P.P.S.  Don't forget our GIVEAWAY coming soon!!! 5,000 views?? Take it away readers!! And thanks again for your continued support!!!

3 comments:

  1. SO going to be getting some of these things! LOVE my BB cream too. And as far as other awesome things--Ash told me about Maybelline master drama eyeliner. First eyeliner I've ever found that stays in place all day. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I definitely need to try that eyeliner! My point is proven again: sisters know best!! :)

      Delete
  2. I just now saw this post and I had to comment and tell you about the mascara that will change your world. L'oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara. I believe in this mascara like I believe in chocolate. Just thought I'd let you know :)

    ReplyDelete