Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Rox's Master Bedroom Tour


If you remember me mentioning back in December, my family sold our house and moved back into our old house that we had been renting out.

We hoped to only live here long enough to do some updating and then put it on the market.

We are anxious to move into the next town where we are planting a church.

While I was trying to be optimistic about how much time it would take to paint every interior and exterior wall, purchase new appliances, fix up the yard, and numerous other projects, I don't think M and I would have ever predicted that we could possibly be moving twice in 6 months.

Whew.

We are tired but ready to sell this house!

One of the last painting jobs I completed inside was our Master Bedroom.

We contemplated leaving the room the way it was because the paint job was still pretty good and I didn't think the color was terrible.....at the time.

But now seeing the before and after pictures, I am SO glad I took the time to complete this before listing!

It's crazy what a little paint can do!  

Doesn't the room look so much bigger and less "cave-like"?


And I just thought I would keep it real with y'all again with the before picture - this was amidst the chaos that ensued the week before listing.

Chaos, I tell you.


And here are some other views of our room.

In the top right picture you can see our closet on the right and the Master Bath on the left.



Oh, and I almost forgot to mention my purchase that finished my Master Bedroom update - the lamps!

If you scroll back up, you can catch a glimpse of the tiny lamps we had before. 

I knew either the lamps had to change or the decor above the bed.

I've been dying to purchase new lamps but it just hasn't been in the budget.

BUT, I've had a little side job for the past week and had a little to spend.

I thought I would check my regular stops one more time (Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Home Goods, and Target), and I found these babies on clearance at Marshall's for $24 each.....shade included!

If you've ever shopped around for lamps, this price is unheard of!  

Ok, maybe I'm a nerd.....but finding a good deal made my day!



Happy Thursday, y'all!

Rox

1 comment:

  1. I need to just pay you to get my house ready. This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete