Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Rox's Makeup Routine


Well, I've had SO many people ask me how I do my makeup, wanting to know all my tips and tricks, so I thought I'd finally bite the bullet and share my secrets.

Yeah right.

I'm so full of it, I know.

But really, I kind of wanted to see the difference that makeup made to my face.

So, this post is as much for me as it is for you readers.

And just to clarify, I don't do this entire routine every day.  

Some days I don't wear makeup at all.  

Some days I just put BB Cream, Eyeliner, Mascara, and some chapstick.

So, don't be fooled.  This routine is for the days I actually have time and want a complete look.

(And in case you can't tell, this was a 'put some makeup on so people might not notice your greasy hair and sloppy clothes' kind of day :)


1.  My skin - al natural. (I'd also like to point out the clarity of my face.  It is NEVER this clear, and I actually had to go back to using acne face wash recently.  At the age of 30.  Seriously, y'all.  Just keeping it real.)
2.  I apply Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream (I mix the Medium and Light/Medium for this time of year) all over my face.
3.  Next, I apply Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Neutralizer under my eyes, on my nose, forehead, and any areas I want to "conceal".
4.  Next I apply Elf High Definition Powder in Sheer all over my face, Elf Blush in Mellow Mauve along my cheekbones, and Revlon Brow Fantasy in Dark Brown (just the pencil side) to my ever thinning eyebrows.  I also use a brow brush to blend the eyebrow pencil.
5.  Next I apply Revlon Colorstay Smoky Shadow Stick in Torch (just the light side) to my eyelids and let it dry for a minute.  Then I use the Urban Decay Naked Pallet for my eyeshadow, Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Black Brown, and Covergirl Lash Blast Volume Waterproof in Very Black.
6.  To finish off the look I used L'oreal Infallible Lip Liner in Nude (similar) and Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Super Natural.

{ Most of the links are to buy these products at Target since that's where I purchase most of my makeup anyways. }

I hope everyone is having a great week!  

Do you have any beauty products that you can't live without?  

Share in the comments below!

We are always looking for new beauty secrets to try.

Happy Thursday, y'all!

Rox


Oh, and I almost forgot!  I have to give a shoutout to MakeupbyTiffanyD who taught me how to actually put on eyeshadow and other fun techniques.  Check out the videos tab on her blog for step by step tutorials on using the Urban Decay Naked Pallet.  She's great (and didn't pay me to say this)!

2 comments:

  1. I have combination skin that errs, towards the middle of the day, towards oily. And I'm finding that every BB cream that I try is just entirely too greasy for me. But I haven't tried Maybeline yet, what do you think of it?? I mean, you must like it if you posted about it so maybe this was a silly question. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would describe my skin as very similar to yours. I've been using it for awhile now and really like it, especially through the Fall/Winter/Spring. I love that it has SPF but isn't as thick and greasy as regular face sunscreen or foundation. I'm having a hard time remembering how much I like it in the summer, but will definitely update as the temps rise! My face perspires really easily, so it's possible I might like something else better then!

    ReplyDelete