Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Boys Bathroom Update (and some Kitchen changes)


As many of you know, my family and I moved back into our "other" house in December.

Our plan is update the house and then try to sell it.

My husband is planting a church in the town right next to ours, so we are anxious to be in the community as well as settle in a house that we will be in more long term.

And because Spring/Summer is the best time to sell, we are on a mad dash to finish the last little updates in the house before listing it.

Most updates are just cosmetic.

You can see the much needed paint job in the pictures below - dark brown to a light gray.

I also added some shelving as well as purchasing and raising a new curtain rod.

I have a couple more things I'd like to do (add a frame to the mirror and paint the cabinet hardware in Oil Rubbed Bronze), but it looks much better already!


My husband and I bought this 1100 square foot house 6 months after we got married.

I was 20 and hadn't quite figured out my style, so the paint colors I chose were horrendous, to say the least (just look at the bathroom and kitchen colors if you doubt me ;)

Since the house is so small, we decided to paint all interior walls the same color that way the rooms would flow a little better.

We also have bought a few new appliances since ours were pretty dated.


While my boys were at school this week, I decided to paint the kitchen (sneak peek below), and I have no idea why I waited so long to do it!

My initial plan was to paint the cabinets as well, but we are anxious to sell, so a new paint job on the walls as well as updated cabinet hardware will have to do.


(Oh, and I didn't bother cleaning up the kitchen before I snapped the shot above...just keeping it real for all our readers!)

Happy Thursday!




OH, AND DON'T FORGET TO ENTER OUR GIVEAWAY!!

IT'S GOING ON NOW THROUGH MIDNIGHT SUNDAY NIGHT!!

CLICK HERE TO ENTER!!


GIVEAWAY

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I got the go-ahead from my landlord to paint our apartment and I'm on the search for the perfect grey to go with bright white trim in our living and dining rooms. I love the way that lightened up the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete