Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Making Skinny Jeans Skinnier { Round 2 }


If you've been reading our blog for very long, you probably have picked up on the fact that I, Rox, tend to stick to more of the "Dwelling" portion of the blog and rarely venture into the "Dress".  

This is especially true when it comes to sewing clothing.

It may have something to do with the fact that, after seeing an Jess at a wedding in an amazing dress she made herself, I decided to venture into dress-making.

Let's just say, that it didn't turn out quite so well.

And by "quite so well", I mean it literally looked like an extra large pillow case.

Before you think that I am being unreasonable hard on myself, let me tell you that when looking for pillow case material, but eyes are always drawn to this material before I remember, "oh yeah, that was supposed to be my Easter dress."

Epic fail.

SO............

All that to say, I am very leery of trying new projects involving my clothing. 

I leave those ventures to Jess.

Also, if you have been reading this blog for any amount of time, you probably remember Jess' post about 'Making Skinny Jeans Skinnier'.

The tutorial is great, but I remember thinking to myself, "I will never try that.  If I ever want to alter my pants, I'll take them to Jess!"

But for whatever reason, I came upon some unforeseen confidence in clothing altering this week after seeing this video tutorial from Cotton & Curls - a blog that again, my sis, Jess told me about.


And decided to try it out on a new pair of jeans I just purchased.

As you can see in the before picture, the knees and calves of the jeans were much too long and didn't fit like I wanted skinny jeans to fit.

The top portion of the jeans fit well, which is why I purchased them in the first place.  But seeing the before and after pictures, I realize how much better they fit now!

Y'all it could have gone HORRIBLY wrong, but thankfully, it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought.

I seriously have plans to do this with more of my jeans now!



Lesson Learned:

Always, ALWAYS, listen to your sister.  She DOES know what she's talking about.  You'll be glad you did.



Happy Thursday, y'all!  And happy sewing!

Rox

No comments:

Post a Comment