Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Getting to Know You { Rox Edition }

Every once in a while, my sisters and I will have an informal meeting about our blog via Skype.  We talk about the blog's successes and failures, how the blog is doing, and where we want to go from this point on.  After a recent discussion, we realized that we haven't given a whole lot of personal information about ourselves in the blog posts.  We know a lot of our followers, especially at first, were family, friends, or acquaintances of ours, so I guess we assumed they all knew enough about us.  

We feel so humbled and grateful that our blog has now reached over 40,000 views since last January!  But we also realized that while our reader base is expanding, less people will really know who we are.  

In comes Jess's brilliant idea.

We are going to start a series of blog posts that will start with some "get-to-know-you" information about each of us and slowly work towards snip its from our days, weeks, and months.  This information will also help explain why we do the projects we do, and why sometimes our lives our so hectic, we can barely get the laundry done, much less post a 10 step tutorial with corresponding pictures. 

Our lives are far from extravagant.  And I think by including more of our day-to-day activities, and personal lives, you'll be able to see how you, too, can fix up your home or your wardrobe on a budget and limited available time.  

So, here goes nothing.


Family Pictures 2013 in 30 degree weather!

Where were you born?

California, here I come, right back where I started from... (If you can complete the song, we will instantly be BFFs)


Where are you in the birth order?

I'm the oldest by 2 years, also known as the 'experiment child'.  I'm the only introvert of the three, but carry out my role as the bossy and motherly oldest quite well.

M and I on our wedding day in 2004


Where did you meet your spouse?

My husband and I met when I was 17 at the church my family and I went to from the time we moved to Mississippi.  If you are closer to me, you have the 'privilege' of knowing the whole story.  It makes me laugh every time I recount it.


How long have you been married?

We started dating when I was 18 and a Freshman in college.  We got engaged on my 19th birthday and married 9 months later.  We've been married 10 years now!


J on the left and E on the right


Do you have kids?

Yes!  I have 2 energetic but ridiculously sweet boys (ages 4 &5).  I feel absolutely blessed and inadequate to be their mom.  We are also in the process of adopting baby #3 in the near future!


Where do you live?

I live in what is called the 'Mid-South'.  Mississippi, to be exact.


What do you DO for a living? 

I have a love/hate attitude towards this question. I am a stay-at-home mom, pastor's wife, and wannabe blogger.  On any given day, I will feel like 'what DO I do all day' and 'what DON'T I do all day'.  I guess I haven't quite figured out what my job description is yet.




What does your spouse do?

My husband has been in the ministry for 12 years now and is currently planting a church in Mississippi.  Those that are familiar with being in the ministry know that it is what I like to call a "family calling".  It's exciting, difficult, rewarding, and an adventure to say the least!  And there's no one that I'd rather be on this journey with than my husband. 

Rox, Aly, and Jess

What are your favorite things to do in your spare time?

I love to surf Pinterest, quote 'The Office', workout on occasion, attempt to sew, watch the latest episode of New Girl or Parenthood, drink an ice cold beer, and hang out with family and friends.


Any obsessions?

The Office and Myers-Briggs Personality Types (I owe the second to a certain someone that will remain nameless....ahem....Whitney)

3 sisters and our dad

Name the 3 things that matter most to you.

My Savior.  My Family.  My Friends.


What is your favorite childhood memory?

It's so hard to pick.  I know this would make my dad proud (and probably in shock because of how much I used to complain about it) for me to say taking family 'drives' on Sunday afternoons.  There wasn't a choice in the matter.  There wasn't a specific destination either.  But we would pile in our tan station wagon or purple van, with little more than food, a couple books, maybe a walkman in our older years, and ALWAYS an extra pair of tennis shoes, and just drive.  It was forced family time with little distraction, and I have to say that I am thankful for those memories.


1 mom, 3 sisters, 3 spouses, and 4 children - a crazy bunch

And just in case you thought we were a little too serious, I'll leave you with this past year's Halloween costumes.

Oh the things your children will convince you to do.

Ok, let's be honest, we really just wanted to dress up.

Halloween 2013

Thanks for taking a few minutes to get to know 1/3 of 'of Dwelling and Dress'!

Happy Thursday, y'all!

Rox

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU! And, I'm so happy to share your obsession with MB!

    ReplyDelete