Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Front Door, Back Door Makeover



This VERY rarely happens.

And by 'this' I mean completing a project this quickly after blogging about it.

M surprised me this weekend with a TON of time spent on home projects.

And I couldn't have been happier!

The project I worked on was painting the inside of both the front and back doors black.  

And it did not nearly take as long as I expected.

We used Valspar outdoor paint and primer in one for the first time, and I was very impressed.  

2 coats (with about 2 hours of drying time in between) and I was done!

And I love the results.

I hope M doesn't read this, but I am tempted to paint all the interior doors black in our next house, I like it so much.


1.  Remove ridiculous pillow cases from back door window.

2.  Tape off window panes.

3.  (After first coat of paint.)

4.  After 2nd coat of paint (and glass frosting).


I used Young House Love's glass frosting technique like I mentioned in the last post.

It was fairly easy and is removable in case future owners don't like it!

(Oh, and if you look at the tile floor in the before and after pictures of the back door, you can get a sneak peak of some grout work that M was working on while I painted the doors.  Check back soon for a post on his hard work!)

Happy Thursday, y'all!

Rox



No comments:

Post a Comment