Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Wear your Hair


Y'all, I've experienced a lot of hair stages in my life... from the perm in 3rd grade to the Mrs. Brady...

...so I'm not saying that I am a hair guru in ANY way.

But.  I did want to share with you a few ways that I make it through my days with long hair!

ONE:  I don't wash my hair everday.  Maybe twice a week?

I know there are "ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww's" echoing across blog-land, but I stand by my decision to stay off the 'poo (hahaha SHAM-poo that is) everyday.  My hair has gotten used to fewer washes, and I love not HAVING to wash it everyday since I truly don't have time with my crazy kiddos running around!  Truth be told, I use Dry Shampoo (Tresemme is my fave.) and wear a running hat when I've stretched my days without the 'poo too far.

TWO:  I don't wear my hair down everyday.

Actually, the days are rare that I wear my hair down... It's easier (and more fun) to throw it in a top-knot!

THREE:  I don't really use a hair dryer anymore...

I always dry my bangs, but I usually let the rest air dry.  After my pregnancies, I got a really weird wave at the back of my head... so I now have to deal with flattening the random wave if I wear my hair down.  It's a small price to pay for the kiddies AND for not drying my hair.

As for my favorite hair styles...

Straight with bangs
 I think this one is self-explanatory.

Top Knot with bangs
  I use a clear hair band for a high pony-tail, twist and wrap my hair around itself, then spin the pins in the secure.  I pull and "floof" my bun until I like the look of it, pin up fly-aways, and that's that!  I absolutely LOVE my spin pins (I posted about them HERE). 

Low braided bun with side-swept bangs
 I use a clear hair band for a low pony-tail, make a messy braid, then wrap the braid around itself into a bun, and again use the spin pins.  My low bun ALWAYS stays better when I braid it.  Plus I like the messier look that a braided bun makes!

Crown Braid
This style takes a little longer than the others, but it's worth it!  I found my tutorial HERE.  It's fairly easy especially since it's supposed to be a little messy.

That's just a glimpse into how I wear my hair.

AGAIN:  I'm no expert... AND I in no way want to give the impression that I fix my hair EVERY DAY.  Those that see me often see my running hat quite a bit!

NOW.

How do you wear YOUR hair?

Thanks for reading!

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment