Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Yarn Pom Pom Garland


Since we moved into our house 4 years ago, I have been at a loss about how to decorate above my kitchen cabinets.  

I literally have tried 5 or so options and never really liked how they looked.

And if you haven't caught on to my decorating style, I love rustic, simple, vintage-inspired items with a side of perfectionism--meaning, I LOVE symmetry.  Seriously, I do. 

But that it a WHOLE other issue. 

 Probably a needing-counseling issue, but we'll stop there for today.  Ha!

So, while browsing through JoAnn's not too long ago, I found these pom pom making contraptions.



Found here.

I won't go into the entire instructions because you need these contraptions to make them and the directions are clearly stated on the box.

And I'm serious when I say that anyone can make these!  

{ To make the garland - joined together part of it - simply use the same long piece of yarn to tie around the middle of each.  And if that doesn't make any sense now, it will when you buy these guys. }



I hung the garland above my cabinets in a symmetrical (yay!) fashion.  Haha!

(And sorry for the terrible picture above.  The bad quality is only made worse by my reflection in the microwave.  I'm definitely a novice photographer!)

This garland would also be cute holiday or party decor.  

Let us know if you try one of these contraptions out!

Happy Wednesday, y'all!

Rox

1 comment: