Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Stitch Fix Review



First of all, I wanted to start off by saying that I am not being paid by Stitch Fix for this review.  I know companies sometimes pay bloggers to review their products on their blog, but this is not one of them.  

BUT, if you sign up through my link I will get a $25 credit to my account.  

I just wanted to be TOTALLY honest on this ole blog.  (When looking up information about Stitch Fix, I ran across some readers being completely vicious to the blogger about not being totally honest about getting money when signing up.  This scared me enough that I wanted to MAKE SURE you all knew about this! )

Ok, glad that's off my chest.  

Now, on to Stitch Fix.  

I heard about Stitch Fix about a year ago and have always wanted to try it out.

After seeing a friend's post of her cute items she received in her 'Fix', I knew I had to do it.

Here's how it works:

You pay a $20 styling fee from the beginning.  Then, you fill out a questionnaire about what style, fit, size, and price range of clothing you like.  You also answer questions about whether you like more casual, dressy, or business apparel and what items specifically you would like in this 'Fix'.  They then pick 5 items (I think they always include a at least one bottom, top, and jewelry piece with each).  In the last section I specified that I'd like some shirts to try on.  They then send you 5 items in the mail with a prepaid shipping bag for you to return what you don't want.  The $20 styling fee you paid at the beginning is applied to any item you purchase and then you pay the difference.  SO, if you end up not wanting anything, you are out $20.  You visit the website listed in your box to complete your purchase and are also able to review the items you received, so they have a better idea about what to send you the next time.  You are also able to sign up to receive a 'Fix' monthly or just when you ask for one (I chose the latter).

I'm sure I forgot part of the process, but that's the gist of it!

I went into it wanting to try out this process and possibly purchase one item.

I need to change the size I specified for the tops because they were all too big, but style-wise, there was only item I didn't care for at all - the black cowl neck shirt.

So, style-wise, I think they were pretty dead on - I'd pick out any of the other 4 items to try on if I was shopping in a store.

I ended up purchasing the black maxi skirt because it fit well, and I literally tried one on the day before and randomly decided not to purchase it.

Overall, I would recommend trying Stitch Fix out for yourself to see if you like shopping this way.  The prices were slightly higher than I'm used to, but for the sheer convenience I thought it was worth it.  This will never be my sole way to shop, but I think it's fun to do every once in a while.  And I love that you can try on each piece with accessories and clothing that you already own - something you can't do in an actual store.

Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention that is part of the 'styling' is that each item has a card attached to it (example seen in lower right hand corner of picture) that gives ways to style each piece.  It did help me to think outside my usual styling box and consider something new.

All that to say, I thought I would share my two cents about Stitch Fix since I was so excited to try it out!  (If you are interested in trying it out and want to use my link, you may click here.)

Happy Friday, y'all!

Rox

3 comments:

  1. this is really cool! thanks so much for sharing :) How expensive are the pieces usually? -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chose the 'cheaper is better' option for all the items and mine were in the $28-$48 range.

    ReplyDelete