Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Quick Ring Tutorial


Although I know people love wearing their 'special' jewelry, it's usually a timeless piece (which is GREAT!)... I love me some TRENDY.  Y'all.  I was ALL about the big plastic jewelry rings, bra strap necklaces, and toe rings.

It's always hard to justify buying those trendy pieces of jewelry, when you KNOW it's going to be out of style in the next few years.  (I love a good statement necklace, but you KNOW we are going to be making fun of them just a few years down the road!)

What am I getting at??

MAKE YOUR OWN JEWELRY.
(If you can...)

Here's an EASY, peasy wrappy, nesty, cutesy ring tutorial for you!



1.  Using a cute bead and 12 inches of 20 gauge beading wire (I used silver...), string the bead onto the middle of the wire.

2.  If you have a ring sizer, GREAT!  If not, use your finger to decide how big to make the ring.  Wrap each side of the wire around your finger until the wire is pointing into the air again.

3.  Make sure to leave a TEENSY bit of wiggle room, and take it off of your finger.

4.  CLOSE UP!

5.  Begin to wrap each side of the wire around the bead...

6.  ...for this bead I wrapped each end of the wire three times.

7.  With the excess wire, use jewelry pliers (or use your strong, nimble fingers!) to wrap around the double wires that go around your finger.

8.  With this particular bead and ring size, I was able to wrap it 2 or 3 times. Finish the other side of the excess wire and...

9.  DONE!


This ring LITERALLY takes 10 minutes or LESS!

Thanks for reading, y'all!

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment