Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Guest Post: Paint-Dipped Plant Stand with Cyntia!


Y'all are in for a treat today!  We have the lovely Cyntia here to share a fun project she recently did.  I love, love her fun style and am always looking forward to her new posts on her blog!!  So, without further adieu...


Hi there! I'm Cyntia and every once in a blue moon I blog over at Cyntiae.blogspot.com. I'm currently in the middle of planning my wedding & getting our newlywed home ready so when I was asked to share something, the only thing that came to mind was my new "nesting" hobbies. 

I have been lucky to find great deals while trying to fill the new space. Read "great deals=free". I am forever grateful for anyone who offers any of their treasures! My parents were getting rid of a stool they had in storage and of course, I snatched it! At first I thought I would recover but after my new plant obsession I decided to make better use of it.


My inspiration came from pinterest/instagram of course and all of the paint dipping trends. My resources came from a trip to Lowe's where I found a glaze that can dry to look like different metal textures. They have different kinds, but I chose the stainless steel one. I applied many coats because after all it is a "glaze" and had to wait 24 hours for the coats to dry. I wanted the black to be really matte so I used some leftover chalkboard paint that I've had for way too long(so thrifty). After I finally got it to look the silver I wanted, this is what it ended up looking like!


I love my new plant stand! I made a goal to add more green to my next home when I moved in April simply because it's pretty and because instagram seems to think it's the new hip thing to do... Let's be real here. So far I have had a mint plant that didn't make it through the move...or me not watering it. So then I went with succulents. I'm still new at the succulents and my mom gave me the vine plant that is hugging the stool leg over Memorial Day weekend so...it's still early. Here's a pic of my succulents on an ottoman that I recently found at Target. Just for fun. Hop on over to my blog and check it out sometime. I can't promise there will be anything new but I will definitely try. 


PS, I have known the Of Dwelling and Dress sisters since we were eight years old! Love these girls and love this blog :) Thanks for having me. 

*     *     *

Thanks, Cyntia!! We love you, too!! I LOVE the plant stand!! I pretty sure I need one now..

Thanks for reading, y'all!!  Remember to leave Cyntia a little love by visiting her blog or leaving a comment below!

1 comment: