Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Goodwill Dresser Redo


I'm back from my weeklong absence from the ole blog and thought I'd post an oldie today.

If you followed my personal blog in the last couple of years, you probably saw this post already.  If not, it's new to you!

I purchased this dresser from Goodwill for about $30.  It was not in the greatest shape but that was totally fine with me since my plans were to paint and distress it anyway.

I just used some paint, antiquing glaze, a sander and topped it with one of my favorites, Johnson's paste wax.

{ A relative of my hubby's introduced me to Johnson's paste wax a few years ago, and I have used it on countless pieces of furniture since.  I LOVE the matte finish and it seems to hold up really well.  If you want to purchase it, you'll actually find it in Home Depot or Lowe's on the cleaning aisle. }


I also purchased some oil rubbed bronze drawer pulls to complete the piece.

The whole process was not nearly as intimidating as it seem, I promise.  


Have you redone any furniture lately? 

What are your favorite products to use?


Happy Monday, y'all!

Rox

No comments:

Post a Comment