Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Home Tour { Rox's Boys' Room }


I have 2 boys, 14 months apart, ages 3 1/2 and 4 1/2.  They've shared a room since my youngest was about 6 months old.  Although at times we question whether it's a good idea to have them in the same room (when they are playing at night or waking each other up), I can't imagine it any other way.  For the most part, they do really well together and it's been fun decorating and creating a room for 2.  

We don't have a play room, so all the boys toys are stored out on their shelves or in their closets.  I try to keep a lot of it put away so that it isn't a huge mess every time they play in their room.  (You can view their closet organization project I did a while back here.  Although, I must confess -- anyone else sing the Britney Spears song in their head while reading 'I must confess'?  I KNOW it's not just me -- it is not as clean now)  I've also figured out that if they don't have daily access to all of their toys, we can keep some stashed away and pull them out when we need something different to play with and it's almost as good as having a brand new toy!

{ Side note: Since my boys have seemed to master sleeping through the night pull-up free for month or so AND I have a child who is very tall for his age, we will be upgrading to twin beds very soon.  SO, we will be selling these handmade beds (sans mattresses) as well as the bedding (which is in great shape) very soon.  So, if you are interested in purchasing either, keep checking back!}

With the new beds and bedding I plan on changing up the decor too.  Am I the only one who can't just leave a room the way it is for very long?  

And in case you haven't noticed, Jess and I have very similar tastes in decor, especially in boys rooms.   We have the same greens, grays, browns and blues.  Check out her boy's room post here.

What are you favorite colors for boys' rooms?  What are some ways I can update their room to grow with them into school age?

Rox

No comments:

Post a Comment