Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Home Tour { Jess' House: Girl's Nursery }


My baby girl's room was SO fun to decorate.  I had so much trouble figuring out my little guy's room... when it was time to decorate with pink, I was like a kid in a candy store.  (Or just like I would be in a candy store. I. LOVE. SUGAR.)

My baby girl isn't really a baby anymore, and her nursery won't really be a nursery much longer.  P-man was already in a toddler bed for 6 months at her age (which was pretty early, but it worked for him...)!  So this is partly to document her nursery while it lasts! *Tear*

Follow me into my little gal's nursery:

I love the sweet watercolor prints I see on Etsy.  The three on the left were my attempt to own some "artwork" without paying $20 or more per print.  It's OBVIOUSLY not profesh... but it fills up wall space for now!   I used a nail through the back piece of each clothespin to secure them to the wall.

I'm pretty sure the crosses were gifts to Parker when he was a baby.  I just spray painted each of them.

The garland is just a strip of unbleached muslin with knots tied in it.  The fabric birds were made using THIS tutorial.  (I used to have 4 up there... my little guy decided he needed to use them for his own versin of Angry Birds.)

I found the cute little play crib at Goodwill for $7.  Isn't it cute??  Baby girl LOVES to lay her dollies down for a nap.


A family was getting rid of the crib and CUSTOM-MADE crib bedding and offered it to my mother-in-law. She passed it on to us, and we absolutely LOVE it.  We would have had to pay A LOT for both!

The 'rug' is just a pillow sham from Goodwill. Improvise.

My mom is an AWESOME thrifter.  I mentioned one time that I'd love to find some cool old suitcases to decorate with.  The next time I saw her she found THREE for me! 

The sweet crown and veil was made for me by my Grams for a wedding I was in when I was little.  I love special things like that!  The baptism dress I made for my girl using multiple tutorials all smashed together.  I literally couldn't tell you how I made it now if you asked me!

We have two matching side tables and a matching coffee table for our living room, but we only have room for one side table.  Baby girl's room was the perfect spot for the extra one! 


This collage was SO fun to put together.  All the frames are thrifted and spray painted using Rustoleum's Heirloom White.

1, 4, & 7 were paper dolls that my sisters and I had when we were little.

2 & 8 are unbleached muslin framed in embroidery hoops with handmade flowers.

3 & 6 were cute pictures found in an issue of Real Simple magazine (can't remember which one!).  The pictures were so great and perfect for the nursery that I just had to frame them!

5  is just four wooden plaques (thrifted by my mom!) painted with acrylic paint.  I'm pretty sure I just mixed a bunch of colors together until I liked it! :)


This room obviously couldn't have been decorated without my mom and mother-in-law!  The Strawberry Shortcake (one of my FAVORITES when I was little) records were thrifted by my mom, and the dresser was painted by and given to us by my mother-in-law! 

The glider is probably my least favorite thing in this room.  I begged my hubby for it when my little guy was born, and I can count on two hands the number of times I've used it with BOTH kids.  I just prefer snuggling on the couch instead of rocking!  It's a really nice glider for the price though!

You may remember the tutorial for the quilt found HERE.  If not, check it out!!

The large mirror was a wedding gift that we spray painted using Rustoleum's Heirloom White.

The tissue paper flowers are one of my FAVORITE things about this room.  I originally made them as decorations for baby girl's first birthday (using THIS tutorial), BUT I loved them way too much to throw them away or put them in a box.  I feel like they found a good home for now above the mirror!


That's about it!  I left out little details here and there just to avoid a super long post!

If I skipped anything that you'd like to see closer or hear more details about, leave us a comment or e-mail us at ofdwellinganddress@gmail.com.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. so cute Jessie, I love it! Kathleen :)

    ReplyDelete