Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Easy Strawberry Mojito



What are your plans for this long holiday weekend?  

Laying by the pool?  Grilling out with family?  Relaxing with friends?

My sisters and I will be enjoying the beautiful day with one of these in hand.


This is one of my new favorite summer drinks because (a) it's super refreshing, (b) I can use up the gazillion mint leaves from my garden, and (c) it's EASY!

You seriously can't mess this up!


1.  Pour 2 ounces of white rum in a glass (a plus to using mason jars because they have measurements written on the the side!)  Put 3 strawberries and 6 mint leaves.  (Add or subtract ingredients to your liking!)

2.  Use a muddler or the back of a spoon to mash the strawberries and mint leaves.

3.  Fill the remainder of the glass with 7-up, and add 2 or 3 squirts (I always find that word hilarious for some reason.  Haha!  I literally am smiling as I type.) of lime juice.

4.  Stir and enjoy!



It's that simple! 

I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend with family and friends!  

Happy Memorial Day!

Rox

1 comment: