Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

DIY Dish Detergent


After trying homemade laundry detergent a couple of different ways, I finally fell in love with (is that possible?  Exaggeration seems to translate well in a blog post.) a dry version that a friend posted on Facebook last fall.

I'll post a review of that one very soon.

I thought a dry version of dish detergent should be pretty similar.

So, I searched on Pinterest for a recipe.

And since we are all about honesty on this blog, the thing that won me over was the oversized Mason Jar the detergent was stored in.

No, it wasn't the ingredients.

No, it wasn't how well I thought it would work.

Apparently, what matters most to me is aesthetic appeal.

Period.

(And I just googled 'aesthetic appeal' to make sure it meant what I thought it did.  I didn't want to embarrass myself.  Geez.)

Well, thank goodness this recipe not only had great aesthetic appeal, but it works great too!  

Photo and Recipe courtesy of Liz Marie Blog

I believe this cost around $10 to make the entire gallon mason jar (plus a little borax and washing soda left over) plus the cost of the jar that can be used over and over again.  

Let us know if you try this out and what you think!

Rox


No comments:

Post a Comment