Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Kids Closet Organization

Ok, those of you who really know me, know that I am a little bit of an organization freak.  Seriously, y'all, as nerdy as it sounds, my heart skips a beat when I see a good organization project.

So, you can only imagine my reaction when I stumbled upon this blog.  She has TONS of great organizing tips for every. single. room. 

I mean, with a name like 'I Heart Organizing', I knew we were destined to be soul mates. 

Too much?

Too much.

Where was I?  Oh yes, my organizing obsession.

Don't get me wrong, every square inch of my house if not perfectly organized at all times.  There are closets and an entire garage and attic that are complete disasters as we speak....err, I write, you read....you know what I mean.

But another thing you should know about me is that I am a perfectionist.  Seriously......I took the DISC personality test recently and it described my personality as a perfectionist.  (Side note:  I think it's a little unfair that I am the perfectionist and my husband is the inspirer.  Mine sounds so negative while his sounds so......inspiring?  Not. fair.)

I digress.

Basically, because I am a perfectionist, either something is perfectly organized or it looks like a bomb exploded in my closet, attic, garage, etc.  

And I will admit this is not the worst my boys' closet has ever been, but it was getting to the point where I couldn't stand to even look. Basically, I would throw whatever item belonged in there and quickly shut the door.  So, something had to be done.


All the containers I used, I already owned except for 2 of the plastic drawers (They are Sterilite brand purchased from Target and they hold a TON).

One of the problems I have come across with organization is that if I am the one organizing and don't have anything labeled, things get messed up pretty quickly because......surprise, surprise......I am the only one who knows where anything goes.  SO, as obsessive as it may sound, I have started labeling containers, mainly ones found in closets.  That way, everyone (ahem....hubs and kiddos) knows where everything goes.

So, with the help of my bestie, Pinterest, I found these free customizable labels from Better Homes and Gardens and got to work.  I printed, laminated, and attached them with clear packing tape (I got fancy, y'all).


And wallah!  A nice, organized closet with room to grow!

Swoon.



(Above)  The boys pajamas and bottoms are in the lowest 4 drawers, within reach, so they can get their own clothes when I ask them to.  Out-of-season and clothes they can grow into are stored in the top drawers out of reach.

(Below) And here is a close up of the labels.


Whew.

Got a little personal in this post, revealing the skeletons mess in my closet and all.

Happy Organizing, y'all!

Rox

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you know I. LOVE. THIS. This needs to happen ASAP in every closet in my house.

    ReplyDelete