Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

DIY Bib Necklace

I love statement necklaces, but because I don't wear them frequently enough, I can't justify the cost of most cute ones that are out there.  So, after perusing Pinterest, I found this tutorial from Martha Stewart.  I followed the general pattern, but changed a couple things.

First, I used slightly smaller beads.  Second, I wanted to add a pop of color to my outfit, so I ended up assembling the entire beaded part and then spray painting one side, letting it dry, and then doing the same with the other side.

I then used thick ribbon to tie at the back of the neck.  Thicker ribbon looks a little more dramatic, in my opinion, than thinner versions.  The ribbon is attached to the wire at the start of the beads with glue and then folded over to make a nice, clean seam.  

And here's the finished product.


Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of this baby on because I sold the few I made when my sister and I had a trunk sale at a friend's house last year.  I'm itching to make another one for myself now that I'm posting this!

I'm thinking a mint colored one this time and maybe a pinky/corally one.

Cheers to Pinterest successes!

2 comments:

  1. this is really cute Jessie! I would go for the pink/coral one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cyntia! That's a huge compliment that you thought Jess made it...seriously! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete